Starting Elevation: -14 ft
Max Elevation: 33 ft
Gain: 343 ft
The New England Harvest Half Marathon weaves through the beautiful, winding roads of Swansea and Rehoboth MA. Run entirely on pretty, rural town roads, this lollipop style route features some of the more scenic neighborhoods in the area.
The best way to describe this course would be "rolling." All climbs throughout the course are relatively mild compared to many other New England half marathons, but there are a few that are quite challenging, including one immediately after the start as you leave the staging area and head out onto the back roads of the course. (This pays off later on as you'll come down this hill into the finish!) However, the elevation profile on this course is quite mild, with just 343 feet of total gain on the whole course, making for the potential for fast times this October...
The entire course is run on paved roads.
The average high temperature on race day is 62 degrees F.
The average low temperature on race day is 39 degrees F.
If you need medical attention on a race course, the aid stations will be able to communicate with our medical staff that we’ll have on site. There will be medical staff monitoring the finish line area.
You will have access to aid at 7 different times throughout your 13.1 mile journey. The aid stations and their rough mile locations are as follows:
1) Brookridge Circle Aid Station (Mile 1.75) (Water only.)
2) Quaker Lane Aid Station (Mile 3.5) (Water only.)
3) Columbine Road (South) Aid Station (Mile 5) (Water, Honey Stinger Gel and Gatorade.)
4) Pimental Drive Aid Station (Mile 6.75) (Water only.)
5) Columbine Road (North) Aid Station (Mile 8.5) (Water, Honey Stinger Gel and Gatorade.)
6) Turner Court Aid Station (Mile 10) (Water only.)
7) Brookridge Circle Aid Station (Mile 11.5) (Water only.)
For your own safety we ask that you do NOT wear headphones in the race! We have a music at the finish, so save the jammin’ until the end!
Strollers are allowed on course, but we do ask that you are considerate to the other runners and start at the back of the pack.
Our course is open for 3 hours and 30 minutes. Please only register if you are confident you can finish in this amount of time.